Monday, September 2, 2013

Seven Qualities


My assistant & I often end up having girly talks, which generally involve discussing what misogynist gits most men seem to be here, strangely enough we rarely talk about clothes, makeup or shopping. 

She is, unfortunately for her, very beautiful as well as intelligent, resilient & compassionate, which has resulted in the unsolicited attention of various foreigners, some three times her age or equally inappropriate. She also has lots of male friends from uni & school, who although she denies are anything but friends, one recently declared his love for her. She has since had to re-think the assumed platonic nature of these relationships. 

Worried that my cynicism was infecting her, after she declared she hated "all men", I asked her why she wasn't interested in her good male friend who obviously liked her very much. Well - she told me - I gave him a list of 7 qualities I needed in a husband & he said he couldn't guarantee the first one which I think is the most important. So he can not be my husband. 

Could I see that list? - I requested.

Below is her written response - an 'essential' requirements list for the job of her husband to be. 

Her female friends have told her that such a man doesn't exist anywhere in the world. I can't decide if this is just a damning indictment of half the world's population or related more to the exceptionally low expectations for equality & respect that most Cambodian women seem to possess. 

After all people, regardless of their gender, will only behave how you allow or expect them to behave. Equality doesn't just come from those with power giving it up, the disempowered also need to take it.

Seven Qualities to Be My Husband

Marriage is very importance in our life. We need to think carefully about it. We have to see which quality of men that you can live after your wedding. For me, a man whom I would like to marry needs to have these seven qualities.
            First, he has to be honest man. He only loves me. He is not allowed to cheat me at all. He does not play around with other girls. He needs to tell me everything that he has done or did even it is a bad thing. For example, he should have to tell where he goes and who he is with. He shares what he think and what he has problems. He should have to tell what is in his mind. So it is easy for me to help and share the problems with him. That can build our trust with each other. This honesty is the most essential requirement for my perspective man.
            Second, he has to be respectful. He needs to respect me and every people. He needs to treat everybody respectfully. He is good to all the people. He never either speaks or does badly to everybody, especially to women. So we have to respect each other.
            Also, he is empathy person. He understand how people feeling and cares about people around him. He can share the feeling with them. He thinks about how people feel if he does that. He tries to put himself in another person situation. So he is not selfish man.
And he is kind. He likes to help people. He is generous to poor people or other people. He tries to assist them as much as he can.
            Besides that, he is sensible person. He knows what he is doing. He has a specific plan in his life. When he does something, he is able to set plan ahead. Therefore, he set a plan ahead before he does something.
One more thing is being independent. He can do things himself. He does not rely on somebody at all. He is capable to decide something by his own. He is confidence to make his own decision.
            Finally, he is educated person. At least, he has graduated from university. He has a good background in studying.
In short, I would like to marry only someone who has those qualities.




No comments:

Post a Comment