Thursday, June 27, 2013

Team Work

My new role involves visiting more hospitals for follow up & coaching. During a particularly long conversation in khmer between my lovely assistant & the TB doctor of a CPA 1 hospital I noticed a poster on the wall that was entitled 'The 10 rules of Team work'. As I mused over the poster I realised it was resonating with me because it was actually listing all the things I really miss about working in a team & which I am yet to witness in the government health system here.

I bring particular attention to 2, 4, 8 - this is a culture based on patronage, nepotism & corruption. 10 - information is power & also can be used in your private clinic to make you more money so why would you share? 5 - x-reference any clinical blog.

But as J pointed out at least there is a common goal - too make as much money as possible at the expense of human life.

You can tell we are not feeling very 6 or 7 at the moment!


1) Common goal - common point of view
2) Discipline
3) Accountability - responsibility
4) Transparency
5) Respect each other
6) Commitment
7) Optimism
8) No partisan - no favourites
9) Good will
10) Experience sharing 

No comments:

Post a Comment