Thursday, June 27, 2013

Busman's Holiday

Last weekend I went to Siem Reap to do some first aid training as a favour to a friend of a friend who works for an NGO called JWOC - check out their website.

I travelled up on the Saturday morning to do two sessions with 8 of their staff. One on the choking child, basic life support & the recovery position on the Saturday afternoon. The other shorter session was on the Sunday morning - bleeding wounds, burns, bites & stings, breaks & sprains, fainting & heat exhaustion. Before heading back home at lunchtime.

It was a whistle stop tour of the Reap but I squeezed in some present shopping, a spa treatment & delicious food treats with a friend.

Who would have thought that working at the weekend could be so inspiring & a real morale boost. It was an absolute pleasure to train such an enthusiastic, motivated, funny, engaged & bright group of young adults.

It made me realise that there is hope, it is I just don't come across it that often in my current position...

makeshift splints

Krama sling

They all loved the baby mannequin! Navy kissed it goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment