Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy International Children's Day!

I am a member of a google group for Battambang. Its a useful forum for advertising, sharing ideas & asking for advice. There are some members whose dry wit & deep seated sense of irony really cheer me up & put a smile on my face. Below is an example of my favourite poster - I've never met him but I know it would be an interesting conversation over a beer if I ever did.


"As this Friday is International Children's Day, please take note of
the following:

THE BAMBOO TRAIN BRICK FACTORY WILL BE CLOSED
THERE WILL BE NO URCHINS COLLECTING TIN CANS OR PLASTIC BOTTLES FROM
THE STREET
BLIND BEGGARS WILL BE USING DOGS TO GUIDE THEM AROUND THE STREETS
NO BOOKS OR POSTCARDS WILL BE ON SALE IN SIEM REAP

Thanks for your understanding, exploitation and child labour will
resume normal service on Saturday, 2 June"

No comments:

Post a Comment