Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Moving the goalposts


I hear in the UK badgers have been moving the goal posts. Here we have been mixing things up a bit too.

The accepted seating arrangement in NGO 4x4 vehicles in Cambodia is as follows;

Front seat - older male of high status (or their bag)
Middle back seat - female, young, low status
Very back seats/boot - the lowest of the low

Last week on our way to do a follow up visit at a level 2 hospital my 22 year old assistant sat in the front seat (she gets travel sick), Me & the Cambodian male doctor fought over the very back seat, appropriately I won. A male sat in the back middle seat.

Annoyingly I couldn't hear a thing from the very back so couldn't even have a conversation with anyone. Every one but me seemed very happy with this particular seating arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment