Wednesday, May 29, 2013

That's all...


After sending an email to a Cambodian work colleague offering to make some small changes to improve a training package we had developed I was robustly rejected in an open group email & accused of being the problem as I speak english & need translation.

I sent the following private email to my boss, "If I said the sky was blue do you think he would send an email to everyone saying it was green?"

The response had more than a liberal seasoning of irony & echoed the standard response to any question here, "Yes. But only in Cambodia. You wouldn’t understand, as you haven’t been here long enough :=)" 

There then followed further emails from other people copied into the reply group email - all successfully managing to miss the point of my original message. I received a further email from my boss. "If you mention to X that the sky is blue, he will respond that fish don’t walk."

My time here has left me angry, frustrated but wise, my final word on the matter in reply was, "I have video evidence that some fish can walk but I'm learning to pick my battles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment