Saturday, May 28, 2011

I know it is not buddhist but I love my laptop

OK, so I am having to be fast with this one before my computer decides to randomly caps lock certain keys or better still as it has for the last 5 days just lock me out completely sending me to laptop-less purgatory and I can assure you it is not very nice there.

I've had a particularly great week involving the happy co-incidence of having no money until pay day and contracting gastroenteritis. Happy not because of the 3 days spent literally bed (and bathroom) bound, unable to tolerate fluids with a disconcerting lack of appetite, but good because not leaving your bed for 3 days and ingesting nothing but oral rehydration solution is a great way to save money and lose weight.

If this all goes ransom letter-esque like the last blog you will know that my window of laptop good luck has closed.

So other reasons for a great week - playing the glad game here - are are follows;

Pete shared with me his iPod movies, which in the absence of a laptop and the ability to sit on my sofa and watch bad TV, have kept me sane. I particularly like the fact that they are all the movies that Mark Kermode HATES so I would never have gone to see at the cinema and he's right they are all bloody awful!

I'm $1000 up in the virtual world of my ipod solitaire game.

I saw a great documentary on discovery channel about how to survive a terrorist attack in a shopping mall. Mind you I work with plenty of people who could probably give me some pretty good survival tips also.

I've caught up on my radio lab podcasts.

At the M&M meeting that happened in my absence - my absence was noted by one of the Doctors I work with and he said "we have Esther working along side us now and we should utilise her expertise when she is here"!!! Meanwhile I was on the loo wondering if I'd ever be able to get off it.

Katie brought me loo rolls around to my house when I ran out, she left them outside my door so I felt like a villager from Eyam in the middle ages. Just needed a dish of vinegar or a fast flowing brook.

With out the internet I have read more books.

When there was a massive tropical storm at around home time on Friday I was in bed so didn't get wet cycling home.

The cambodian weight loss plan continues.......

Further blogs are dependent on this weeks trip to PNH where I will hopefully fix myself and the laptop and if the laptop isn't fixable at least unlike me we can buy a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment