Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PJ Fashion


The best thing about being overseas is that everything is the same but different. By that I mean that people will appear to do exactly the same things but for completely different reasons or motives, or things look completely alien but scratch just below the surface and you'll find humanity where ever you are.
So Cambodian women go out in PJs but not in a UK-banned-from-Tesco-kind-of-way but in a genuine-fashion-statement-they're-functional-as-well-as-fashionable-and-fun-kind-of-way. Lets face it, it's way to hot to wear anything in bed. 
The PJ choice is immense!
It is Lou's Birthday next week but it's when we are all on our placement week and although the celebration in planned for after, the gift came before. You may remember I melted last Sunday at the clothes market and for what purpose, to buy Louise the PJs of her dreams. She wanted frills but I think you'll agree my sweat-fest was not in vain and these are indeed the finest PJs a girl could be seen in. 
Monday was one of those days and as Lou slumped in my room with the very last of the wind removed from her sails I knew that now was the time to lift her spirits with some wa-pa-tour K'mai (Cambodian culture).
It worked a treat!

Why this are the perfect pair are as follows;
1) They are Orange
2) They are tartan
3) They have teddy bears on them
4) They have on incomprehensible & bizarrely translated English slogan on them
5) They are Large yet fit petit Lou
6) They bottoms are too short or Lou is too tall





To my life elementary needs Grid Paper

2 comments:

  1. I want a pair. I hope I have cracked this posting concept...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! I have posted! Hope you guessed who it is, Est.

    ReplyDelete